Recently, a positive trend has been observed: more and more young people give up addictions and follow the basics of a healthy lifestyle. A healthy lifestyle is not only a special diet or exercise. HLS is a whole range of measures aimed at improving health and preventing pathological processes in the body. Compliance with the rules of a healthy lifestyle can significantly increase life expectancy and improve its quality.
THE BENEFITS OF HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
A healthy lifestyle has a significant effect on immunity. According to a survey of those who have recently changed their lifestyle, after the start of the healthy lifestyle, their health, mood and perception of the world have noticeably improved.
In addition, the desire to lead a healthier life contributes to the following improvements:
- The recurrence rate of chronic diseases is reduced;
- When awakening, there is no fatigue, a surge of strength is felt;
- There is increased endurance in sports training;
- The frequency of colds is reduced and their severity is reduced;
- The skin becomes more elastic and clean.
In addition, studies show that this lifestyle reduces the likelihood of developing a number of age-related diseases. In addition, this is a great example for loved ones, and, first of all, for children.
FUNDAMENTALS AND METHODS OF FORMING A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
A healthy lifestyle has 7 main “pillars”: physical activity, balanced nutrition, lack of bad habits, hygienic care, good sleep and relaxation, wellness treatments and emotional mood. If you follow all these aspects, the quality of life and well-being are significantly improved.
The health of internal organs, the appearance, well-being and immunity directly depend on what we eat. A healthy lifestyle involves the exclusion of flavorings, flavor enhancers, fatty foods, colorants and preservatives, or at least a reduction. Cooking your meals with organic herbs wholesale can make your immune system stronger.
Here are the basic rules:
- Do not starve or overeat – both of these negatively affect your well-being. You should not feel hungry and, conversely, overeat. Try to ensure that the daily calorie intake is 1700-1900 kcal (the norm for women with a sedentary lifestyle, for men, the daily calorie content is higher by about 300-400 kcal).
- Drink clean water. It is advisable to drink from 1.5 to 2 liters of water per day (not tea, coffee, juice, etc.)
- Reduce the amount of sweets in your diet. If you want sweets, give preference to fresh vegetables and dried fruits. You can also eat bitter chocolate in moderation.
- Eat at least 4-5 times a day in small portions. At the end of the meal, a feeling of slight hunger should remain.
- The daily menu should contain meat or fish, vegetables and fruits, cereals, dairy products. Eat varied.
- It is advisable to have dinner at least 2 hours before bedtime. Just before bedtime, eating is undesirable.
- Eliminate fast food, fatty and smoked foods from the diet.
- Prefer cooking, stewing or baking foods.
If you have not followed your diet before, it can be difficult for you to change your diet dramatically. Try to start small – remove fatty sauces and products that contain them from the diet, avoid flavor enhancers and chemical additives in food, refuse fast foods, convenience foods, confectionery, increase the proportion of fruits and vegetables on the menu. The implementation of each of these items will be a step towards a healthy diet.
Lack of physical activity leads to a decrease in metabolic rate, the development of diseases of the musculoskeletal system, cardiovascular and neurological pathologies.
If your work is not related to movement, try to increase activity yourself. It is considered normal to spend at least 1 hour in motion per day (this is about 8000-10000 steps). Scientists have proven that every minute of activity affects the state of the body in the long run – this means that even climbing stairs, and not on an elevator, already brings you closer to health.
You can increase your daily activity by making it a habit to start and end the day with a light workout. If you go to work by public transport, get 1-2 stops earlier and walk this path. It is very useful to take breaks if you have a sedentary job. At the weekend, do fitness, go for a walk or the pool. These measures are quite sufficient to maintain health and well-being.