Getting a high grade with flying colours is the game’s name for being a student, whether you’re taking Maths or JC biology tuition. More than high grades, retaining what you learn for the long-term is the most crucial aspect of learning since we’re a child. It can be challenging to have the mind on the classroom game in such a high-pressure environment.
Learning at school isn’t always the same as learning or self-studying in the comfort of your home. Some students can be the plague with anxiety, and others have conditions such as ADHD. It makes learning much more ‘difficult’ than average. It’s not surprising to see why even the best chemistry, maths and o level biology tuition will sometimes need tutor services.
Everything is not just about the high figures parents can see on their child’s report card. When it comes to school life, learning how to retain info, being independent, having confidence, and being competent are ingredients to a successful academic life.
Providing Motivation As A Crucial Strategy
Whether your child is taking the best level maths or JC biology tuition in Singapore, motivation is everything that can stimulate and help your child persist. In fact, it’s common for children or young learners to lose their motivation in school over time.
Interacting and communicating with your child is one of the most crucial aspects to help them maintain their motivation. At times, your child might be experiencing a few problems at school. Whether they have anxiety, difficulties socialising, learning disability or just having trouble living up to their potential, letting them know that you are there for them can be a booster.
Start by asking about their day after school. Ask if they have any homework or school projects. Let them know that you care about their school life and you’re there to help them with their assignments. It’s often best to avoid putting pressure on them to perform better. Understand that taking an A-level maths or JC biology tuition is never a walk in the park.
In some cases, providing a reward and acknowledging their accomplishments can make your child more confident and competent in the class.
Communication As Key Component For Motivating Your Child
Apart from the mentioned benefits, there are numerous advantages to instilling strong communication with your child. Effective parent-school communication can play a significant role in helping your child’s development and aid their academic life. Whether they’re taking an O level biology tuition or a writing workshop, communication is one of the main cornerstones of child development and learning. Among the benefits of communicating well with your child are:
- Better overall relationship with your child
- Promotes parent-child bonding time, even with schoolwork works
- It teaches your child to engage with you and other people.
- It increases your child’s trust in you.
- It promotes a positive perception among parents
- It helps build positive self-esteem in your child
Communication is one of the most crucial cornerstones within the family. When it comes to your child’s development and learning, never deprive them of the opportunity to have time with you, even if it’s about homework.
Establishing A Studying Routine
It goes without saying that success is almost impossible to achieve without practising a healthy routine. Setting up a time and space is crucial to your child’s learning success and establishing a learning routine. Even after school, your child needs to have the right spot where they can retreat and review what they have learned for the day or the week.
Even when your child is no longer taking his O level biology tuition or maths homework, allotting a time to study and a place to retreat to recall and review previous learnings can help them prepare for next year’s tuition.
Creating A Study Routine – Setting Up An Ultimate Learning Environment at Home
Having the ideal space at home also allows them to have a dedicated, distraction-free environment to focus on their studies or do their schoolwork. Remember that it only takes a single distraction to end your child’s homework session. The next thing you know, your child is already zoning out of their studies, even under your supervision. It doesn’t take a tutor to help your child focus on taking their O level biology tuition seriously. It’s in the environment they are within.
A child cannot provide their full attention when there are numerous sources for diversions, from smartphones to the noise coming out of the TV and to the sight of nearby toys. Setting up the ideal learning environment at home is a real challenge for parents, but far from impossible nonetheless. Here’s what you need to know:
- Choose a quiet place in your home that is suitable as a study area for your child
- Enhance your room’s lighting
- Keep away all electronics and gadgets (such as smartphones and console devices)
- Have a dedicated clock in the area
- Adjust and optimise the area’s temperature
- Invest in a high-quality, ergonomic chair
- Have a comfortable study desk
- Block out or minimise all the potential sources of noise
Setting An Effective Study Routine
Whether your child is taking an O level biology tuition or A level maths examination, knowing how to set up a study routine after setting their study area is the next thing you should do.
Here’s how to set up an effective study routine:
- Connect their study to their ambitions and future career paths
- Limit and monitor their smartphone and computer use
- Have a dedicated hour for every lesson
- Break down the complex bits
- Keep the conversation as friendly as possible to prevent stress.
- Provide incentives and rewards for accomplishments
- Note what they need to improve
- Track where they often make mistakes often
- Have a timer for each study session
- Have a checklist of the most crucial things your child needs to tackle.
- Don’t be afraid to seek help from a tutor
Learning shouldn’t be too stressful. Helping your child learn more and ace their class requires planning and strategising.
If you are looking for chemistry tuition in Bukit Timah, visit Pamela’s Place for more info.