Varun Dhawan is an Indian actor who was born on 24 April 1987 to film director David Dhawan and Karuna Dhawan as their second child. Rohit, his elder brother, is a film director, while his uncle, Anil, is an actor. Dhawan completed his HSC education from the H.R. College of Commerce and Economics and holds a degree in Business Management from the Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom. He has featured in Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 list since 2014 and is one of the highest-paid celebrities. After completing his graduation he assisted director Karan Johar on the 2010 drama My Name Is Khan.
From making his acting debut in 2012 with Johar’s teen drama Student of the Year to his favourite actor. Here’s everything you want to read about Badlapur guy Varun Dhawan. Have a look at some unknown facts about the actor.
Unknown Facts About Varun Dhawan
- His nickname is common as ours. Yeah you get it, his nickname is Pappu.
- Before entering the big screen world of films, he used to distribute leaflets in nightclubs. No!! not in India but when Varun studied in Nottingham Trent University in the United Kingdom and during that time, he distributed leaflets in nightclubs.
- He is a prankster in real life too and keeps playing crazy pranks on the sets as well.
- Like any other youngster Varun Dhawan is obsessed with his hair. Yeah you read it right in fact in an interview his “Main Tera Hero” co-star Ileana D’Cruz had revealed that he is obsessed with his hair, and spends hours in front of the mirror perfecting his look.
- Varun shares his birthday with Sachin Tendulkar. He is a big cricket lover and also a great fan of legend master blaster.
- Varun is very close to his brother Rohit Dhawan, and both are best friends. Rohit directed Varun Dhawan for John Abraham starrer “Dhishoom”. He also directed the John Abraham-Akshay Kumar starrer Desi Boyz.
- Like his father, he is also a great fan of Govinda. He has a huge amount of respect for Govinda, in fact Varun’s second film ‘Main Tera Hero’ was Papa David Dhawan’s tribute to his favourite actor Govinda.
- Varun Dhawan is a huge fan of wrestler and actor Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson and even wanted to be a wrestler when he was kid.
- With fees of Rs. 25 crore for a film, he is one of the highest paid actors of his generation.
- Varun was very naughty in his childhood.
- David Dhawan refused to launch Varun in a home production. ‘I wanted him to go out there and find his bearings,’ said David. Karan Johar took the charge of launching Varun.
- Varun Dhawan’s role in his debut film ‘The Student Of The Year’ (SOTY) was the mirror image of his real life. Varun played the role of a spoiled rich kid who likes to get everything he wants.
- Strangely!!! During the shooting of Varun’s debut movie ‘The Student Of The Year’ David Dhawan didn’t visit even once on the sets.
- For Badlapur’s “Raghu” Varun changed his entire lifestyle. He stopped partying and hanging out friends to get into the perfect isolation role of the guy. With his this behavior his mother was worried, she had to call up Varun’s friends to find out what is wrong.
- Varun’s character Raghav in ‘Badlapur ‘ was named after Raman Raghav the serial killer.
- He has an amazingly designed vanity van to relax and chill after shootings.
- Varun Dhawan loves attention on his birthday.
- Varun is a big Salman Khan fan and played Salman in Judwaa 2.
- Though he loves to work with all his co-stars but among all of them Varun’s favourite co-star is Alia Bhatt.
- Varun’s dream co-star is Amitabh Bachchan. Papa David Dhawan is searching for a script that would make Varun share screen with the Big B.