When we are young, most of the hormones in our bodies are at their peak levels and we attain fast growth, fast metabolism, fast repair and regeneration of old cells, and a lot of energy. However, as we grow and especially cross the age of 30, our production of most of these hormones starts declining.
This is also true for a very important hormone in our body, the growth hormone. This starts the process of aging resulting in a slower metabolism and slower regeneration throughout our body. This is when some people would take supplements to overcome the deficiency of the growth hormone.
Sermorelin peptide is one such substance that can promote the production of growth hormone from the pituitary gland. It is not a synthetic hormone in any sense but is referred to as a secretagogue that is meant to stimulate the production of the intended hormone.
Sermorelin and HGH
The first and the major difference between the two therapies is that with sermorelin, you are just administering a stimulant that promotes the natural secretion of growth hormone in our body. On the other hand, with HGH therapy we are administering a synthetic hormone that usually blocks and ceases the way our body produces the hormone from the pituitary gland.
Cessation of normal hormonal production has lots of associated risks and increases our chances of developing diseases such as diabetes. Very high levels of synthetic HGH taken over a long time can also be detrimental to bone health and could result in joint pain and carpal tunnel syndrome.
Thus, sermorelin therapy is much safer with almost no side effects to worry about while getting all the benefits of having sufficient growth hormones in our body.
By stimulating our natural stores of growth hormones, sermorelin therapy is beneficial for us in the following ways:
- It promotes the rate at which we recover following intense workout sessions and also promotes building up of muscles faster; thus increasing our performance levels in the gym.
- Along with faster muscle growth, it also promotes strength in our existing muscle tissue.
- Greater muscular strength is directly proportional to better exercise performance. Also, we can exercise for much longer than our normal routine hours.
- Speeds up the metabolism which normally slows down with age; thus helps us in burning fat that surrounds our visceral organs and eventually leads to faster weight loss.
- Produces a protective effect on the health of the cardiovascular system and thus reduces the occurrence of CHF in high-risk patients.
- Lower HGH levels are directly related to the risk of developing heart disease, sermorelin therapy helps in overcoming that risk.
- Prevents disorders related to the degenerative diseases of the joints and the bone by increasing the mineral content of the bones which starts declining after we reach a certain age.
- The overall increase in our energy levels also keeps our mood uplifted and keeps problems like depression and anxiety away.
- Normal HGH levels are also linked to a higher libido in both genders.
Is Sermorelin Safe?
Sermorelin therapy is not just for everyone, and you must only purchase research peptides for sale from reputable online sources such as Core Peptides. Always consult your doctor before beginning any form of therapy especially if you are currently on treatment for some underlying condition.
Although it is a very safe substance, you should not self-administer Sermorelin under the following conditions:
- When you are taking medications for under or overactive thyroid gland.
- When you are taking prescription corticosteroids.
- When you are getting treatment for some form of cancer because HGH has been linked to an increase in the number of cancer cells.
- Pregnant and lactating women must not take any medicine without consulting their gynecologists.
Lastly, you must always consult your physician to know the overall health of your body and determine whether sermorelin therapy could help.