When we were little, we would scrunch up our faces and just gulp down the milk in front of our mothers’ piercing hawk eyes. Most of us don’t look forward to drinking milk, not even as grownups. However, this drink is quite nutritious and has several health advantages. It is one of the best benefits, healthy fats, protein, calcium, and iron providers.
But what can parents do if their child refuses to have milk daily? There are several techniques to improve the taste of milk, and one of them is adding malt-based products such as Horlicks. This article will talk about some quick and enjoyable ways to boost the flavor of the milk and make it more appealing, in addition to the standard chocolate powder you can add to the milk to enhance its flavor. You can also click here to get exciting offers on your next purchase of Horlicks products.
- Make Milkshakes – The quickest and healthiest approach to make milk more appealing to children is to make them into milkshakes. Milkshakes can be easily made with the help of any seasonal fruits available, be it mango, orange, blueberry, strawberry, pomegranate, or any other fruits. The fruits that you add not only improve the taste of the milk but also enhance its nutritional profile by providing additional vitamins and minerals that are needed for good health, as well as dietary fiber for improved digestion. Fruits are the most organic way to cleanse and detoxify the body from toxins. Avoid adding sweet fruit syrups and instead go for mashed organic and fresh fruits, which are more nutrient-dense than the former.
- Add dried fruits and nuts – Dry fruits are highly nutrient-dense superfoods that quickly flavor milk. Dry fruits are nutrient-rich and provide milk with an excellent boost of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Sprinkle chopped almonds, raisins, dates, walnuts, pistachios, or cashews on your kid’s milk. Additionally, you can use candied dried fruits to enhance the flavor of the milk.
- Add flavored malted products – The best way to make your child drink milk is by adding flavored malt products. There are dozens of products, including different flavors, that you’ll find in the market. But before picking one, you should check for the product’s ingredients. One of the most commonly used flavored malt products is Horlicks. Unlike other malt-based products, Horlicks is appropriate for children of all ages. It includes all the essential ingredients necessary for your child to become taller, sharper, and stronger. You can also choose from the various flavors that Horlicks provides.
- Add cereals/mueslis – Most children hate chugging that glass of milk and throw a lot of tantrums to avoid it. But since milk is an essential food item necessary for kids when they’re in their growth spurt, you, as parents, have to find a way to make them drink it. One way to do so is by adding their favorite cereals to it. Be it Cocos, Froot Loops, or Apple Jacks, you can pick any one depending on your child’s favorite flavor.
- Use Milk Substitutes – Have trouble feeding your kid a glass of milk? All you will need to do is change the milk into Yogurt or Paneer or Cheese or Butter. These items have the same protein and fat quantity of milk and are easily enjoyed by children. You can either add them to their daily food or make different preparations out of them. You can still make them have milk if you choose the substitutes.
For most parents, getting their kids to drink milk may be difficult. With the tips in this article, you won’t have to worry about temper tantrums as they are creative, enjoyable ways to encourage your toddler to drink milk.