When replacing your curtains with the ones in your storage. They are usually dusty. You then need to wash them. Use warm water to do so when the label on the fabric recommends it. Curtains should be washed using cold water because they ideally prevent shrinkage and fading of the fabric. Try selecting fabric-appropriate detergent to avoid any fading or discoloration. Must carefully go through the instructions on the label that come with the curtains. That would guide you regarding the fabric.
Now time to set up the temperature and it all depends on the iron you are using. The heating-up time may vary. Mostly 5 minutes is enough to heat up. Now adjust the dial appropriately to the fabric requirement.
Have a look at the tag to find out the curtain fabric. Fabrics that are commonly used are mentioned on the iron dial to adjust appropriately.
- Prepare a spray bottle. For the proper ironing, slight dampening of the curtains is required.
- Normal tap water would work fine. You are suggested to use the distilled one if you have hard water because hard water causes mineral buildup and discolor the curtains.
- To start ironing the layout of your curtains. There are several styles to lay your curtains.
- To prevent skipping any wrinkles, it is best to start from the top to down.
- It is easy to identify the top with the curtain rod loops.
- When ironing top to bottom, you will have to even reposition many times.
- Dampen the curtain using a spray bottle while ironing.
- Pass your iron back and forth over the width.
- Continue till the wrinkles get smoothen then go towards the bottom segment.
- You won’t be able to lay your curtains on the board at once.
- Once the top segment is ironed hand it, with the following bottom segment laid on the board.
- This way you could appropriately iron each segment, by just adjusting the height of the iron board.
- To start hanging the iron part, take off the curtain rod.
- Add on the tabs, hanging loops, or pockets at the curtain’s top.
- Hand the rod and curtain to the place.
- The un-ironed segment now should hang laid on the iron board.
- Here a proper height-adjustable iron board works best.
- Proceed ironing the bottom and allowing them to hang segment-wise.
- Just ensure to avoid any sharp angles.
- As this could re-wrinkle the fabric. After you have finished, look for sports wrinkles.
- You can easily get rid of them too in case you missed them while onboard.
- Just spray over it making the spot damp.
- With your hands smooth the fabric and allow it to dry.
- This method works best when removing soft wrinkles.