When it’s about carpet installation, you need to focus on many things before you go. It is important to have all the essential information related to carpets. There are many companies who are manufacturing a variety of carpets, especially broadloom carpet. Broadloom is defined as a carpet that is woven on a wide loom. They are installed wall-to-wall and generally refer to tufted carpet. These broadloom carpets are sold on rolls that are standard width. Normally they are available in 12 feet wide but in some places, you will have 15 feet or 13 feet 6 inches wide. You can also customize the carpet as per your demand. For both domestic and commercial applications, these broadloom carpets are perfect. These carpets also offered a wide range of in-house selection of solution dyed colors and unique patterns in a variety of tufting styles. These carpets are mostly sold in square yards or square foot. When you want to install these carpets, you have an option whether go for wall to wall broadloom carpets or go for fully installed. For indoor carpeting and outdoor carpeting, these broadloom carpets are utilized. These carpets are fade, Weather resistant, People and pet resistant with crazy durability. This is installed on hard concrete and best to be installed on patios, garages, basement floors or balconies.
These carpets are mostly available by cutting to certain size and finished along the edges to prevent unravel and used as carpet runner or as an area rug. There are variety of style types in broadloom carpet, such as,
- The other name of loop carpet is Berber carpet.
- The fibers are short loops woven into the back of the carpet and remain uncut.
- This style of carpets is great for commercial environments or high traffic.
- Loop broadloom carpets are durable, easy to clean and hides dirt well.
- Pattern broadloom carpet is cut and loop style carpet.
- In this style, some of the fibers are tufted, and some of the fibers remain uncut.
- On broadloom carpet, this style creates distinct patterns that leads to designs.
- While seaming any pieces together during installation, you will need to match up the carpet patterns
- People mostly choose this carpet by texture.
- Each pile type of broadloom carpets has a distinct texture.
- If you go for Berber style, they are often short and have less softness to them.
- If you choose Saxony style carpets. These are known as having a smooth texture with lots of softness to the touch.
- Broadloom carpets also have a cut style carpet which will have the soft and smooth texture over a loop style carpet.
- Texture is related to cleaning as well. However, texture relates to cleaning as well.
- A smooth, plush carpet will be more difficult to clean than other style carpet. The reason is shorter fibers hold less dirt.
Broadloom carpets also come in Frieze style types. The features if this style are,
- These frieze carpets style feature twisted fibers.
- This style of carpet is more durable than others.
- These are incredibly softer than others.
- They consist of higher TPI (twists per inch).