Bombay Stock Exchange is an institution all are aware of. Besides its normal stock exchange duties, the BSE also have the Bombay Stock Exchange Institute. The BSE institute was launched as a means to educate all people who are looking to create a career in the stock exchange and finance. The BSE Institute is a subsidiary of the BSE Limited. It has multiple educational programs and courses for students and working professionals about the working of the financial markets.
The institute has emerged as the go-to institute for a prospective student who is looking to learn about finance and the Indian securities market. The institute has an offer over 151 short term courses which also includes one international program. There are also certificate courses which are of the shorter term. The BSE Institute has a wide pool of professionals and personalities from the industries who impart their knowledge of the field.
Benefits of studying at BSE Institute
The BSE Institute’s building is a state of the art facility that is located in the BSE building. There are over 10 classrooms with computer labs and much more. The institute uses modern technology to impart not just theoretical knowledge but also practical knowledge. BIL also holds certification exams regularly that helps solidify all that is taught. For students who cannot attend the courses at the BIL, there are also online programs. The online programs also have weekly webinars which are conducted by investment gurus and the top market experts. Students get to learn about and discuss strategies from the best in the industry.
Courses for students
BIL has developed programs targeted for students who wish to earn a degree in finance. The courses are more comprehensive and cover a lot of information essential for the students to learn. Students can earn a bachelors degree and also postgraduate degrees awarded by Mumbai University.
- Bachelors in Capital Markets, Mumbai University
- Post Graduate Program in Banking and Finance
- Post Graduate Program in Business Journalism
- Global Financial Markets Professional Program (GFMP)
- GGMP Edge Financial Markets Program
- GFMP Edge Certified Data Scientist Program
- GFMP Edge FinTech Professional Program
- Masters in Global Financial Markets
- Masters in Financial Technology
- Basic Program on Stock Market
- Certificate Program on the Stock Market
- Basic Program on Financial Statement Analysis
- Basic Program on Mutual Funds Fact Sheet
- Certificate Program on Capital Markets, Mumbai University
- Certificate Program on Commodity and Currency Markets
Courses for Professionals
Courses that have been designed for professionals at BIL are delivered by IIM Lucknow and IIT Madras. There are also three international programs on offer by BIL. These courses are of short term in nature and delivered over weeks and even days.
- Advanced Management Program, IIM Lucknow
- Business Analytics Program, IIT Madras
- International Comprehensive Program on Demat and Depositories
- International Program on Surveillance Risk Management and Securities Settlement
- International Comprehensive Program on Securities Market Operations
- Executive Program in Investment Management, Financial Journalism, Securities and Business Law and Risk Management
- Short term courses on Fundamental Analysis, Derivatives, Valuation of Shares, Bond Market, Financial Marketing, Equity Research etc.
Bombay Stock Exchange Institute has over 36 plus certificate courses which are short term. Topics for the certificate courses include GST, Stock Markets, Securities Law, IPO, Wealth and Investment Management, Bond Markets, Credit Analysis and much more. There is also a Bootcamp – Live Trading Workshop and programs on anti-money laundering. The certificate programs are best for a quick but thorough brush up on the topic of choice. The range of topics available is large, and there is something for everyone.