We all are habituated with buying new phones every now and then, while most of us are perpetually broke, it will be really helpful if we could manage to get some returns from the previous phone. And what better ways to keep pampering yourself than to make sure that stays within the budget? Second-hand phones are a real thing, even we often directly or indirectly end up purchasing second-hand phones. But, selling an old phone is not that easy like it sounds. It requires practice, knowledge and planning. There are various ways in which one can make sure the selling price is high enough without putting in some major efforts. Some tips on getting the best price for your old phone are listed below:
- Value: Before you try to sell your previous phone or device anywhere, it is important that you are aware of its actual and market value. Electronic devices like phones are likely to face heavy depreciation, but the market price also depends on factors like the brand, product condition, product supply and demand of the customers. Value can also be added to the re-sale amount by providing things like sim slot pin, charging wire, adapter, intact screen guard, intact back cover, etc. if you are able to provide the phone along with the original packaging, you get extra benefits for that as well. Keeping these small things in mind and incurring short expenses can earn you heavy returns while selling your old phone.
- Protection: If you are in the process of buying and selling phones, or if you know that you will want to sell your previous phone and buy a new one, then make sure it is taken sufficient care. Basic things like screen guards back cover and keeping the phone away from dust and damage can induce substantial re-sale prices even months later your purchase.
- Recycle: Many people opt for the new method of recycle mobile phone. This is a very environment-friendly approach that is being availed by various online and offline stores. You can directly contact them to compare and contrast the prices of your old phone to get your hands on the best deal possible. The phone or device is broken down part by part and saved for later. The metal parts which have no circuits or use are sent for recycling so that they can be used to produce something else, we all know how non-renewable metals are. The parts are sold off individually to companies and customers requiring those; these bring in high returns.
- Local market: Local markets are always considered to be the best when it comes to selling your phone for maximum returns. Online portals, although more capitalized, sophisticated and easy to find, are often commercial enough to take out significant portions of share from the re-sale value. It also ensures the local small businessmen earn some money.
- Social Networks: We all use social networking sites all day every day. While it began as a way of communication and updates about life, today, social networking is the platform for everything, including buying and selling. Release a post about your wish to sell your old phone with a picture, condition, and estimated expected price and wair for eager people to contact you for exchanging a deal. Social media surely has its faults, but it also has made life easier in every way.
Even if we have the strict law of buying first-hand phones, in many circumstances, we purchase parts of second-hand phones, as they are much cheaper, or even the phones themselves of very high-end companies.