Aspirants across the country look for an opportunity to get into the government sector for a stable job and a better career prospect. The Stenographer exam is one among the most competitive exams in the country where lakhs of candidates who have passed their 12th board exam appear each year.
The Staff Selection Commission is the conducting body of the Stenographer exam. The commission has released the notification for the recruitment of Stenographer Grade C and Grade D post on october 10th, 2020. Aspirants can apply for the exam before November 4th and can go through the details of SSC Stenographer on the link provided here.
For candidates preparing for the upcoming Stenographer exam, this article may be of great help as it provides a few workable tips for the better and systematic preparation of the SSC Stenographer exam.
Stenographer Exam Preparation Tips
Given below are the preparation tips that candidates can refer to while preparing for the Stenographer Grade C and Grade D exam:
- Know the syllabus & exam pattern well: For any exam that a candidate is preparing for, being up to date with the latest exam pattern and syllabus are the most important things. Only when the candidate has a sound knowledge about the syllabus and topics to study, he or she can strategize a preparation plan to prepare well for the exam.
- Chart out a study schedule: Proper preparation for any exam requires a well-planned strategy to analyse and study the relevant topics for the exam. Since the number of applicants for the Stenographer exam is very high, candidates should prepare for the exam in a planned and structured manner and cover the entire syllabus for scoring a better overall total in the final exam.
- Solve previous year question papers, sample papers and mock tests regularly. This will help candidates get an exact idea about the format and pattern of the exam. Once candidates start solving mock tests and question papers they happen to understand important topics and scope of questions from particular topics. It helps in analysing the level of exam and the standard of the question paper and the preparation can be done accordingly. Not just this, regularly solving question papers and mock tests is also helpful in increasing the speed of solving questions and increasing the total marks in the final exam.
- Hone the skill of time management: Candidates should take time based tests and solve question papers with time constraints as the stenographer exams are conducted through an online mode and the most crucial part of the exam is managing the time. Being well practiced with time bound tests, candidates will be able to answer maximum questions within the stipulated time period in the actual exam with maximum accuracy.
- Revision on repetition: The most essential part of the preparation of Stenographer exam is that aspirants should revise the syllabus on a regular basis. As and when a topic is completed it must be revised at regular intervals so as to ingrain it in the memory for longer. Doing revision is important to improve efficiency and to stay updated and apprehend with the preparation level.
- Understand your Strong & Weak sections: The exam of SSC Stenographer Grade C and Grade D posts comprises different sections and it is quite impossible that candidates are expert of all the sections. Every candidate must keep aware of their strengths and weaknesses. They must put an effort to prepare all the sections equally well by focusing more attention to the subjects or topics which are not their strengths and try to score more marks in all the sections.
- Learn shortcut tricks – Start preparing by clarifying the basic concepts first and then go for short cut tricks and methods. Knowing tricks to solve questions easily in a short span of time is a good way of attempting the exam within a stipulated time period.
- Keep abreast with current affairs – It is imperative for aspirants to be acquainted with the current affairs to bag more scores easily. Being updated with the latest happenings in and around the world will enable candidates to take up general awareness questions easily thus saving time and fetching them more marks.
- Do not overburden – it is imperative to take short breaks while studying and take out time for leisure activities. Relaxation of mind and body helps to retain things better and focus more. Being stressed and overburdened will do nothing but hamper aspirants performance in the exam.
Hence, to qualify the exam in the very first attempt, it is important for aspirants of the Stenographer exam to prepare themselves even better for the final exam. Know the syllabus and exam pattern, gather good books, strategize a schedule and prepare accordingly. Aspirants can go through the detailed SSC Stenographer Syllabus as given in the latest notification on the given link.