The Indian IT industry has seen significant growth and development in recent years thanks to various factors, including strong government support, a well-established English-based educational system, a large talent pool, and an open market.
During the year 2020, the industry witnessed a sudden shift in work environments leading to a rapid acceleration of digital transformation. As a result, companies quickly upgraded their supply chains to include more transparency, resiliency, and flexibility. This process also saw the widespread adoption of cloud technology.
As technology was increasingly embraced, IT companies’ resilience and contribution to people’s daily life came into notice. The IT industry has always been a major contributor to the Indian economy. Further, it pushed India to become a major player in the global IT market, accounting for more than 19% of global IT spending.
With all the sprawling growth, the IT industry has a lot of potential to grow massively and shape India’s future. And if you want to contribute to this growth and let progress impact your life, start your career in the IT industry. You can get a bachelor’s in computer application or a BCA degree to start your career.
What Are The Key Areas Where The IT Sector’s Major Growth Is Forecasted?
In 2023, the IT sector future in India will prioritise these key initiatives.
- Firstly, cloud initiatives will gain further momentum as they offer business agility and cost efficiency. Additionally, discretionary spending is expected to decrease or become limited during the year’s first half.
- Secondly, Artificial Intelligence (AI) initiatives will likely grow in popularity, as they can target new products, optimise pricing, improve channel efficiency, and target new customers in a recessionary environment. Many AI projects will focus on monetising data themes, but the size of these initiatives is expected to be moderate.
- Thirdly, automation will become more prevalent, providing opportunities for vendors in this space. Robotic process automation (RPA) and hyper-automation projects will become more prevalent.
- The only exception to this trend will be customer engagement and servicing initiatives, which will continue to receive funding despite the uncertain environment.
Finally, as cloud adoption increases, companies will focus more on cybersecurity. Overall, cloud, AI, platform engineering, automation, and cybersecurity will be many companies’ top technology focus areas in 2023.
Future of IT Jobs in India
The tech industry is seeing an uptick in recruitment as more professionals are switching to IT in 2023 due to its growing demand and promising opportunities. So which are these fields? — take a look.
Data has become a valuable asset for businesses looking to improve their products and services and develop consumer-centric solutions. As a result, data scientists proficient in programming, data visualisation, machine learning, statistics, and analysis are in high demand.
Cloud computing emphasises data storage and access from anywhere via the internet. The market for cloud computing is projected to reach $760.98 billion by 2027. Roles such as cloud engineer, developer, architect, and security manager create significant demand.
Cybersecurity is also becoming increasingly important as technology advances, and more companies are looking to protect their digital assets and sensitive information from data breaches and cyberattacks. As a result, roles such as security software developer, IT security consultant, information security analyst, ethical hacker, and computer forensic analyst are in high demand.
Blockchain technology is becoming increasingly relevant, particularly in cryptocurrency, metaverse, and NFTs. As the blockchain market continues to grow, there is a need for more professionals in this field, making it an ideal time for tech enthusiasts to enter this domain and build a career.
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
Artificial intelligence and machine learning are also expanding, as these technologies are automating more of our decision-making processes. The applications of AI and ML are vast and include industries such as e-commerce, healthcare, food tech, logistics and transportation, manufacturing, gaming and entertainment, and more.
[Also Read: Skills required for BCA]
The future for the IT industry in India is pretty positive, despite some periodic and momentary undulations. And, to make sure you are also part of this bright future, choose a Sunstone powered college that offers BCA degree. Sunstone is a leading education service provider that promises placement assistance with 50 guaranteed interviews after course completion.