Roofs play a crucial role in homes. Roof installation or repair is a step-by-step process that requires patients and people. Although there are different types, people tend to choose the wrong one without knowing the advantages and disadvantages of roofs. So, here are two types of roofs, their advantages, and disadvantages.
As the name suggests, these roofs are flat, unlike the sloped roof. Weybridge roof repairs are the experts at flat roofing.
- Installing a flat roof can be done at a low price. The Woking roof repair does it at an affordable price.
- The price of materials required to install flat roofs is cheaper. As there will be no risk in installing a flat roof the labor is also cheap.
- Installing a flat roof takes less time, even the repair does not take much time to get fixed. Woking roof repairs install the roof within less time.
- Flat roofs increase usable space. These can be used to fix solar panels too.
- Maintenance of the flat roof is easy and can be cleaned quickly.
- As the flat roof is flat, there will be no space left for an attic or a loft.
- Flat roofs do not do well in all seasons. Extreme weather changes may affect the roof condition.
- A flat roof cannot withstand the weight. To compensate for it, any other part of the building needs to be strong.
- While installing a flat roof, proper drainage should be ensured.
- Pitched roofs do well in any weather conditions and protect the entire home without any damage.
- The thermal efficiency of pitched roofs is very high. Though it is summer or winter pitched roofs improve the thermal efficiency.
- The solar panels can be installed on pitched roofs to increase sustainability.
- Pitched roofs have a longer life span. The maintenance of pitched roofs can be done easily.
- Pitched roofs provide extra space like an attic.
- It takes a lot of money to install pitched roofs. Though it is easy to clean, the maintenance is expensive.
- Pitched roofs can be used only for one-floor houses. They cannot be used for multilevel buildings, complexes.
- Though pitched roofs have several advantages, installing them takes a lot of burdens. The foundation of the building should be laid properly because pitched roofs put pressure on the foundation.
Now that you are aware of the pros and cons of flat and pitched roofs, choosing the best one depends on you.