A healthy, beautiful, and sparkling smile can give you assurance in your professional life as much as your personal life. It equips you with the confidence you need for success in all fields. Cosmetic dentistry has evolved tremendously over the past years in providing patients with state-of-the-art aesthetic procedures to improve facial aesthetics. Teeth whitening is one such revolutionary procedure that lightens and brightens your teeth.
In-office teeth whitening procedures provided by the dentist in Brookline, MA, have proven to be effective in treating both intrinsic and extrinsic stains.
What is teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening is a simple, non-invasive, painless dental procedure that aims to lighten your teeth, giving them a brighter appearance. Teeth whitening is either an in-office procedure or at-home takeaway kits. Currently, millions of dentists are opting for in-office teeth whitening procedures.
In-office teeth whitening, also known as laser bleaching, is a procedure that is performed at your dentist’s office. This procedure involves the application of an active bleaching agent, such as carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide, in the form of a gel. The gel is activated using a laser or UV (ultraviolet) light, breaking down into tiny oxygen bubbles, which are responsible for eliminating the stains on your teeth surfaces.
What are the benefits of an in-office teeth whitening system?
In-office teeth whitening systems are popular due to the following benefits:
- Highly concentrated bleaching agents are used
- The lasers can effectively activate the bleaching agent
- It is safe since it is done under the supervision of an experienced dental specialist
- Offer quick and long-lasting results
How is an in-office teeth whitening procedure performed?
In-office teeth whitening is an outpatient procedure that is performed by a skilled dentist. The procedure is as follows:
- Your teeth will be cleaned, and a cheek retractor will be placed to expose all the teeth, improving access and visibility.
- A hardening resin will be placed on the gums to protect them from the bleaching agent.
- Your dentist will apply the bleaching agent, such as hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide on the teeth surfaces.
- The gel will be left for 5 to 10 minutes and then activated using a special laser or UV (ultraviolet) light.
- The process will be repeated until the desired result is achieved.
The entire procedure may take around an hour, depending on the extent of tooth discoloration.
Teeth whitening is an excellent cosmetic procedure that yields teeth that are brighter and whiter. Ensure to maintain the results by following proper oral care and regular dental visits. These are affordable aesthetic solutions to enhance your smile and overall appearance.