Life is no longer the same. Misery, sadness, stress, and uncertainty has become the core element of everyday life. Work from home has contributed to monotony as we all are practising it for more than a year now. Children are forced to stay indoors, something that is against the natural law of childhood. In a nutshell, life has changed a lot. We have never imagined we would have to see these days. What’s important is to keep your dear ones cheered up. A ray of happiness and positivity can do wonders. Extend help to all those in need; that’s the best we can do. Sharing some of the ways to cheer up the souls at home and in touch with you:
- Motivating and Happy Texts: The world is a small place because you can still connect with people across boundaries in a click. It may not be feasible to meet in person, but it is highly viable to stay in touch through social media. So, keep texting your loved ones, send motivational quotes, indulge in positive talks. Spread smiles in different ways and keep everyone around you joyful. A meaningful and good conversation can really help people. Connections and the love of dear ones are all we need at this moment.
- Play Around With Children: The most affected are children mentally. They are not wired to stay indoors and in closed spaces for long. Indeed, the unsung heroes of these hard times. To keep them physically and mentally active, play with them. Take them to a terrace or balcony and expose them to their surroundings. Indulge them in interesting activities, and set a schedule for them that is as normal as their regular routine when everything was normal.
- Celebrate Moments: Surely, it seems celebrations have become a thing of the past. However, we should never give up. Celebrate moments as much as you can because in future, it will be the only memory to cherish. Make home celebrations with your family a thing. Laugh, eat, and enjoy with them.
- Bake a Cake: A cake is an answer to all the problems. The sugar content in the cake helps release happy hormones. Other baking ingredients like chocolates and fruits also help with the brain’s happy process. So, do not wait for an occasion to whisk happiness. Bake a cake for your family and relish the good times.
- Deliver Gifts: Online deliveries are the safest way to cheer up your near ones. Send gifts through online gifting portals. It could be anything, from merchandise to food items to plants to flowers. Flowers instantly brighten up the day with their soulful fragrance and vibrancy. So, send flowers to Delhi or any place your close ones are residing.
- Stay Optimistic: Amidst the chaos, being optimistic is hard. But, we will have to be because it’s a saviour. Be optimistic about life. When you are optimistic, others around you will be positive as well. Refrain from negative news and rumours. Focus on what is purposeful.
- Practice & Encourage: Practice exercise and encourage people at your home to do. Any form of exercise is recommended for building immunity and increasing happiness. Indulge yourself and your family members in at least 15 minutes of daily exercise.
- Spend Time: Work from home, and household chores keep you busy. But, do take time to spend with your family, especially your grandparents and parents. They feel lonely at home as they have never faced this situation before. Be there for them as much as you can.
These ideas will surely help you. Keep all those who matter to you healthy and happy. In the current times, health and happiness are your COVID- shield.