Cross-country shipping of your car through road may sound a great idea, as it can save you from the headache of driving your car all the way. Also, travelling cross country may need several days and hence you need to consider your hotel expenses on the way too.
Besides that, you also have following few options:
- Engage any driver to drive the car
- Shipping by an open truck
- Shipping by an enclosed truck
- Shipping by rail
The best alternative of shipping your car to a different country is on any open or enclosed carrier where it can move in style from your state to other state without any addition of miles in your odometer.
For cross country car shipping you may contact agents of Ship a Car, Inc transport company who may offer you the best experience of car shipping at best rates that market can offer.
Following are the various steps that will be involved while transporting your car via cross country.
- Research shipping companies
Try to collect as much details as possible about various car shipping companies.
- Get quotes from all shippers
Also get the quote for your car shipping from few selected ones.
- Choose one auto transport company for shipping
Short list one company after gathering enough info about them.
- Check in with insurance company
Though auto shipping company also have insurance, but if you need additional cover then check.
Make sure that tires are inflated.
Ensure that battery is fully charged.
- Make sure your emergency brake works
Check your emergency brake which must be functioning.
Get your car properly washed before shipping.
- Perform visual inspection of the vehicle
Do all the visual inspection and document them and also take few snaps.
- Inspect the engine and also underside of vehicle
Inspect properly your engine status and also under the car too.
Make sure that your gas tank is at least 25% full.
- Take all that can be taken off from your vehicle’s exterior
Remove everything detachable from exterior of your car.
- Secure fixed parts on the vehicle’s exterior
Those items that cannot be removed must be properly secured.
- Remove all your personal items from car
No personal item be left in the car.
No alarm should be active before handing over the car.
Provide car key to transporter and you must have the duplicate one.
- Write down your odometer readings
Note down the reading of odometer.
Hand over the car to transporter.
You may check out time to time by calling the transporter to know the present location of your car.
- Perform second inspections upon delivery
While you receive the car at destination get it inspected once again and compare with previous inspection report.
- Update your car insurance
At new location you need to update the insurance.