Experiencing constant discomfort in your joints can be quite frustrating. Although conventional medication often relieves joint pain, some patients also find relief from their symptoms with complementary or alternative therapies. Acupuncture is one such approach. Here is an overview of and benefits of acupuncture in the management of pain.
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is widely utilized for chronic pain treatment in the United States and is an integral element of medical practice in certain other parts of the globe. Acupuncture has been shown to alleviate pain for many patients significantly, and it does so without the negative side effects that certain pharmaceutical options may have. In acupuncture, sterile needles are used to cause heat or pressure to particular locations all over the body. It is believed that the stimulation of the joints and the refocusing of the body’s innate energy caused by the insertion of the needles are what bring about the desired therapeutic effects.
Benefits of Acupuncture in Pain Management.
Chronic pain is only one of several medical issues that this technique has been used to address for ages. Here are the benefits of acupuncture in pain management.
- Reduces inflammation. Inflammation significantly contributes to pain, especially in musculoskeletal conditions like arthritis. Acupuncture causes a decrease in pro-inflammatory cytokines and an increase in anti-inflammatory cytokines, resulting in less inflammation. In addition to easing discomfort, this may also speed recovery.
- Stimulates the body’s natural healing process. Acupuncture helps the body repair itself by increasing the circulation of Qi (pronounced “chee”), the body’s life force. Pain and other symptoms are often the results of obstructed or stagnant Qi. Pain is reduced, and healing is aided by acupuncture because it restores Qi flow.
- Releases endorphins. Endorphins act as the body’s natural painkillers. The endorphins that are released as a result of acupuncture treatment aid with pain management and general well-being. Endorphins lessen pain, and they also aid with alleviating tension and anxiety.
- Increases blood flow. Acupuncture’s ability to enhance blood flow to the afflicted region has been linked to decreased pain and accelerated recovery. When blood flow is boosted, more oxygen and nutrients are available for the damaged tissues, which can help decrease inflammation and speed up the healing process.
- Improves nerve function. Acupuncture’s ability to stimulate nerve cells and boost neurotransmitter synthesis means it can be used to treat poor nerve function. This can be especially helpful for those with neuropathy, a disease that can cause chronic pain and other symptoms since it can assist in alleviating their pain and speeding up their recovery.
- Considers the whole person. Acupuncture’s ability to treat pain comprehensively is one of its most appealing features. Acupuncture takes into consideration the patient’s spiritual, mental, and emotional well-being besides their physical well-being, making it more than just a pain management modality. This can be useful in locating and treating the source of pain as well as improving general health.
Experience Relief from Pain with Mirvana Acupuncture And Chinese Herbs – Houston’s Top Choice For Natural Pain Management. Book Now!
Visit Mirvana Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs in Houston for safe and effective pain relief. Our acupuncturists and herbalists utilize a variety of treatments from traditional Chinese medicine to alleviate symptoms, including pain and inflammation. Mirvana is the best option for anybody looking for safe and effective pain relief naturally because of its emphasis on holistic care and individualized treatment regimens.