Congratulations on your engagement! Before you rush to plan a lot of other aspects of your wedding, engagement photos are one part of the equation you can get scheduled and done right now. After all, you do now have a nice sparkly pearl diamond, princess cut stone or even a vintage engagement ring on your finger!
Mastering the perfect engagement photos
There are 5 main things you need to keep in mind after you’ve scheduled your engagement photo session.
- Pick a location. Will you have your images be indoor or outdoor? Do you want photos that are more studio-based or nature? Picking a location is important to ensure you capture the essence and feel you want.
- If you’re having trouble choosing which location is best, ask your photographer for their recommendations. Depending on the time of day you’re going to have your session, it will determine what locations work best.
- Choose an outfit. There are two parts to this.
- Part one: choose something you can be comfortable in and that you feel beautiful wearing
- Part two: pick something that is complementary to both of you such as colors that you both look good in.
- Go on Pinterest or Instagram and gather a few inspirational images that you like. Put a collage together so you can pass these ideas to your photographer for their recommendations. This will help them see what style of images you want, and they can prep before your session for added success.
- Choose an activity. Some couples like to showcase activities they love like both of them sitting in front of the TV, cooking, or even playing sports. If you and your significant other love an activity, incorporate this into your images.
- Choose if you want to bring props or any outfit changes. If your photographer will allow you to do so, it might be fun to bring props or outfits you can switch out.